Aim and Objective
The student’s welfare council looks after the general social and welfare needs of the students. It functions under the auspices of a Governing Council and Students Executive Committee, and has established a ‘Student’s Welfare Fund’. The council is chaired by the Dean student’s welfare. It is responsible for coordinating and executing various welfare activities for the institute’s students or philanthropic activities on their behalf. Every student voluntarily becomes member of the DSWC.
Vision and Mission
- To explore the working area of council
- To provide financial help to the weaker section of the society
- Increase the number of scholarships
- Ensure maximum participation in inter college, interuniversity and interstate curricular & co curricular competition.
- Chief Patron (Chairman)
- Patron (Principal)
- Dean students’ welfare
- Teacher’s Executive Committee
- Advisory Board
- Student’s Executive Committee
- Student Members
Working Pattern –
Various clubs have been constituted under the umbrella of Students’ Welfare Committee for the session 2015-16. The details are as follows:
|Club Name||Faculty In-charge||Objective|
Special Monthly Scholarship
DSWC awards a special monthly scholarship of Rs. 200 each for :
- Academic Excellence
- Every month two students from each class will be nominated for these scholarships by the Departments.
- In all about 672 students receives the scholarship till now.
Special Scholarship for meritorious but needy students
Dolphin Students Welfare Council awards a special scholarship of Rs. 5000/- among the meritorious students belonging to economically weaker section of society every year. Our motto is “HELP THOSE MOST IN NEED”
- The applicant must secure a minimum of 65% of marks in aggregate in all qualifying university/Board Examination, starts from class 12th onwards.
- The attendance of the applicant must be of 80% in aggregate as well as in individual classes in the current session.
- The family income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 200000/- per annum
Dolphin Health Camps
The institute is dedicated to the service of society. DSWC organizes, medical camps, which are free of cost.
Villagers get full benefit of these camps by getting free consultation about any ailment, medical check-ups, medicines and physiotherapeutic aid etc.
Counseling also provide regarding hygiene and sanitation, nutrition and balanced diet, ill-effects of smoking and alcohol abuse, child health etc.
Birth Anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose 23-1-16
Vasant Panchami 12-2-16