Forestry students ( 83) of BSc 1st Year of Dolphin PG Institute, Dehradun under the guidance of Dr. Sandhya Goswami and Prof. Sas Biswas had the students’ debut field cum Institutional study visit to Regional Sericulture Research Station of Central Silk Board, Govt. of India, Sahaspur, Dehradun. Highlights of the interactive study trip:
– Centre has 82 different varieties of Mulberry, Morus alba tended as shrub and crown duly pruned
– Students and faculty had round table interaction though a vivid presentation by the experts of the station.
– Eye openers were to learn that Climate governs 38 % production of silk.
– 1 kg raw silk is yielded from 11 man days of work covering rearing of silkworm to plant culture
– Women constitutes 60% of workforce.
– Sericulture in plays great role in rural economy of India from rich to poor to rich.
– Learnt about rise and fall of silk industry due to several factors that include inventorization, disease management , poor credit flow and fragmented sector.
Silk being widely appreciated in fashion world Dolphinite student foresters last but not least ended the study field trip with :
AAJ KAL TERE MERE CHURCHE HAR JABAN PAR SABKO MALUM HAI .
Sas BIswas 14102019
- About Dolphin
- The Dolphin Advantage
- Dolphin Experience
- Social Commitments
- Domain Of Dolphinites
- Rules & Regulations
- Code of Conduct
- Academic Calendar
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- Online Enquiry
- Online Registration
- Online Payment
- PG Programs
- UG Programs
- Training & Placements
- Contact Us