Department of Forestry (DoF), Dolphin PG Institute, Dehradun (DIBNS) in association with Civil Defence, Dehradun organized an on-site event.
– Consultative meeting of Forestry students, faculty of DIBNS and field personnel of Civil Defence, Dehradun headed by Dr. Satish Agarwal, Chief Warden was held.
– Dr. Sas. Biswas of DoF made a presentation on “Developing climate smart forest nursery for education, extension and environmental conservation” with emphasis on scientifically and technically evaluated repository of authenticated planting stock in Experimental Nursery, DoF/DIBNS.
– On-site Dr. Sandhya Goswami, Course Coordinator and Mr.Manish Kumar Class Coordinator made field talks on significance of high density forest nursery of Forestry Department, DIBNS.
– Henceforth the saplings raised by 4th year BSc Forestry students shall be called “Career Aadhar Saplings” for their role played in defense of results of field work carried out duly presented before the examining members, and unique features of saplings with respect to authentication and documentation on source of germplasm to testing to transplanting.
– Campus round was made with personnel of Civil Defence, Dehradun with Forestry students and faculty for an overview on repository of rare and spectacular plants.
– A showcase of the forestry students’ activities and achievements in extension, research initiative and environmental conservation was made.
– Provided saplings of variety of forest species to Civil Defence team for introduction in different environmentally sensitive zones and degraded landscape of Doon valley.