Forestry Field Workshop –
9th May 2019
Session VI ( Institutional)
Student participants: 72 BSc. Agriculture (6th semester) Section B Institute: Forest Research Institute.
Theme: Silvicultural Systems:
– Prof.Sas. Biswas, Dr Rashmi Chamoli of Forestry and Mrs. Pallavi of Agric faculty conducted an interactive silvicultural appraisal through life-size display of models in FRI museums.
– Dolphinite student agriculturists were explained by Prof. Sas Biswas about forest types in juxtaposition of agro-climatic zones and specific crops.
– Silviculture is “Art and science of growing tree” with innovative approaches and field reality.
– Agric students were told as to how there is a need to improve coordination between policies on forests with those on agriculture.
– Triangle of issues of Social, Economic & Environment for sustainability and livelihood was discussed with students.
– Display of State trees and flowers of India implements used in arresting forest fire in the museum of silviculture was very informative to students.