Forestry Field Workshop:Dated 6th May 2019
Student participants: MSc. Forestry (4th semester)
Session III (Institutional): Wood Seasoning & Preservation, Forest Research Institute(FRI).
Dr. Sandhya Goswami and Prof.Sas. Biswas made interaction and hands-on between resource persons from FRI and students lively. Highlights:
Thermal energy storage Solar Kiln- Works day night.
Kiln is still in use for veneer drying.
1. Preservatives like CCA, Borax boric acid, ZiBoC are used.
2. Boucherie process plant modified for bamboo.
3. CCA preserved heritage Bamboo hut of the year 1955 with wooden bricks and carved Kashmiri wooden ceiling.
4. Graveyard test is for testing termite resistance and decay of treated wood.
5. Soil block bioassay was lab explained for decay testing.
- About Dolphin
- Vision & Mission
- The Dolphin Advantage
- Dolphin Experience
- Social Commitments
- Domain Of Dolphinites
- Rules & Regulations
- Code of Conduct
- Academic Calendar
- Admission Procedure
- Fee Structure
- Online Enquiry
- Online Registration
- Online Payment
- PG Programs
- UG Programs
- Training & Placements
- Contact Us